11.26.2018

bittersweet symphony

captured these images in my parents kitchen
this cold, bright Monday morning. 
today.
cracked counter and a window facing the south.
it snowed all day yesterday
drifting and blowing like is typical for kansas
(the wind never rests,
and neither do you).

today I found some songs that you would've liked.
yesterday, the character in that film
their mannerisms...
they were so familiar 
(you).

my mind is tumbling lightly
on that line between THINKING and FEELING.

~

I don't drink coffee
but
today is a new day
and a little liquid caffeine motivation doesn't hurt anything
:)
happy monday, pals 



9 comments:

  1. u r legit some magical being that can turn the mundane into thunderous bright light. me = always amazed by you?????
    love this. laughing bc i totes thought you drank coffee. whoops. BUT I DON'T EITHER?? love getting the other drinks w/o coffee at the shops :)) hahaha.

    all my love. happy monday, randy bandy! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DID U JUST CALL ME RANDY BANDY?
      I confess, I love that. thank you.
      YOU ALWAYS MAKE ME SMILE, KID. whoops, no coffee for us, but here's to it :)

      Delete
  2. liquid motivation—ha! love that. i love the idea that there is that line between thinking + feeling. lovely poem <3
    these photos are insanely good. the steam in number 1 is beautiful.

    sophy of sophyslighthouse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. there is a line, but sometimes it's hard to cross. sometimes I cross it without thinking?? a million thanks, kind soul!

      Delete
  3. I loved this. Oh my goodness. These photos are words together are the best! That kind of motivation is my favorite kind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm trying to make it my favorite! I'm not quite sure how some people can drink coffee every day without hating themselves....hmmmm.
      thank you for the sunshine, V!

      Delete
  4. I love this <3 poems in the second person are always my favorites. And those photos are all so gorgeous, especially the last few!

    Eleanor | On the Other Side of Reality

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your words, these photos, the mug, the light, everything = An aesthetic. I've been drinking morning cups of coffee lately, too, even though I am naturally not a coffee drinker, and it has become a new calming Sunday morning ritual for me. Lovely post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. rude of you to make me so thirsty. slorp

    ReplyDelete